Easy & Healthy Homemade Chocolate Recipe
Updated: Jul 9, 2021
If you’ve dreamt of eating chocolate every day, now you have an excuse. This homemade chocolate recipe enables you to be 100% in control of the amount of sweetener included, is easily customized and flavored, and healthier than traditional chocolate. The next time you eat a piece of chocolate, you may not have to feel so guilty about it.
You will need only five simple ingredients to make your own homemade chocolate!
¼ cup -Virgin coconut oil
¼ cup- Unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoon -Honey
¼ cup- Almonds (Roasted and coarsely chopped)
Vanilla extract (2-3 drops) optional
Total time: 45 minutes ( Prep time : 15 minutes & Freeze time: 30 minutes)
Servings: 4 Calories: 202kcal
1. Place coconut oil in heat-safe cup or bowl. Then place the cup or bowl in a shallow pan containing a small amount of warm water until the oil melts.
2. Sift the cocoa powder into the melted coconut oil. Use a small rubber spatula to combine.
3. Mix in the honey, then the ground almonds. Add vanilla essence if preferred.
4. Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into a candy silicone mold. Freeze for 30 minutes, until completely set.
5. Gently release the chocolate pieces from the mold. Keep the homemade chocolate in the fridge in an airtight container.
VARIATIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS:
You can use food-grade cocoa butter or unsalted butter instead of coconut oil
You can vary the nuts & fruits you use. Cashews, Raisins, Walnuts are few other choices.
Tried this recipe? Do let me know in the comments below.
Tag @mycaloriecrunch on Instagram so we can see all the deliciousness!!!